Machacado recipe or dried beef with eggs burritos
This is a traditional dish of Machaca with eggs from the northern state of Nuevo León. This is the most popular breakfast in the northern region of México. Enjoy this delicious dish at any hour.
- 2 Tablespoons of vegetable oil
- ½ cup of white onion finely chopped
- 1 cup of SHÓLO dried beef (Machaca meat) finely shredded
- 1 cup tomato finely chopped
- 1 picked jalapeno pepper can
- 6 eggs lightly beaten
- Salt to taste
- Homestyle Mexican Sauce
- Refried pinto beans
- Heat the oil in a medium heat skillet, add the onion for about 3 minutes. Add the dry meat. It will absorb the oil in the skillet. Let it brown a little at medium heat stirring frequently.
Add more oil if need. Place the chopped tomatoes and Jalapeno pepper into the skillet. Stir and cook for another 3 minutes. Lower the heat.
Now the tomatoes have released their juice.
Scramble the eggs and pour it into the skillet and stir until they are done and to your liking. Taste to see if they need salt. Do not let them dry.
Some people like to eat this dish very saucy. You can add Mexican Homestyle Sauce.
Serve with fried beans and corn tortillas or make burritos with flour tortillas.